I’m writing this as a note to myself, so I’m only including just enough detail to figure this out again.
- Find the molecule on PubChem. For this tutorial, I’ll be using Sodium Alginate.
- Download the “3D Conformer” as an SDF file.
- Use OpenBabel to convert the SDF to a PDB file.
- Use ePMV in Cinema 4D to load in the molecule.
- Note: be sure to follow the installation instructions to the letter. You’ll encounter the error “no module named upy” if the ePMV folder is in a sub-folder in your plugins folder.